An autumn foliage salad that is just as delicious as it looks.
Grilled chicken is such a good source of protein, and so easy to add to just about anything. Kale on the other hand needs some work, so lets get to it.
- 1 Package of Chicken Cutlets
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Package of Organic Kale
- 1 Lemon or Orange
- Dried Cranberries
- Dry Roasted & Unsalted Almonds
- Mike's Hot Honey
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Add EVOO to a pan and turn oven top heat to low.
- Slice red onion up.
- Let pan get hot and then add chicken cutlet pieces with sliced red onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover with tinfoil to let chicken cook evenly and keep heat on medium to low for about 10 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, wash off kale in a strainer.
- Add kale to large mixing bowl.
- Cute either lemon or orange in half, and squeeze entire amount of juice from fruit into the bowl.
- With your hands mix and work the kale by gently massaging till it becomes softer and covered by the fresh juice.
- Check chicken by cutting into center, if there is no pink then turn off stove top and cut chicken into smaller pieces.
- Add chicken, kale, onions into a bowl.
- Add dried cranberries and almonds to your salad.
- Drizzle honey over the top of entire contents of your salad.
- Breathe, smile and eat!
I hope you enjoy and continue to eat well!