It's time we finally called ourselves out.
How often do we not even try something because we’re afraid of failing?
This needs to stop immediately!
As someone who has completely shaken up his own life multiple times, and jumped not knowing where I might land, I can tell you that fear is a mental construction that is holding you back from living your wildest dreams.
We need to stop making fear based decisions.
Fear based decisions are ones that usually come with thoughts like:
- What if it doesn’t work out?
- What if I fail?
- What if I don’t like what I end up doing?
- It’s easier to stay at my job because I make good money.
- I’m comfortable.
- The money is too good to leave.
- I'm not completely unhappy.
- It's like this in every city.
- All guys/girls act this way.
- The problem with all of these type of thoughts is that we’re probably trying to make excuses as to why we should stay unhappy.
Sounds ridiculous, right?
The amazingly lucky thing is we have the opportunity at any time to start working toward changes that make us happy. It will start with small baby steps, and before we know it we’ll be taking far greater risks with a comfortable ease.
Today marks days one of your 30 day challenge to be better mind, body, and soul. Congratulations on making the decision to find out what your potential really looks like.
Are you nervous? Good that means you care.
Are you excited? Good that means you care.
Are you ready to get started? Whether you answered yes or no, it’s time, so let’s get to today’s first challenge.
Make a list of all the things you are unhappy with. It's a difficult task to be honest with yourself, but it has to happen.
Then make a list of all the excuses you use as to why your life isn’t as amazing as you believe it should truly be.
Be critical, don't rush, and really dig deep.
When you write down everything you've been using to hold yourself back, you start to see how frequently you negate yourself from being happy.
Then do something to challenge yourself to figure out how you can remove one of these excuses.
Ask someone you love what they think may be an excuse you use often.
The people that we love the most tend to see things we overlook in ourselves, and we can all use a little help, so don’t be afraid or defensive of what they may have to say.
WORK - TIME
- “I don’t have enough time in the day to do the job that pays my bills, and start looking for another job.”
- Make a list of all the things you think you would enjoy doing.
- Then research what that careers typical salary, responsibilities, and credentials are.
- Finally commit 30 minutes to one hour everyday actively looking and applying to jobs that you would
- A big tip is to not let your pride get in the way, or be afraid of starting at the bottom.
LIVING SITUATION - MONEY
- “I don’t have enough money to move.”
- Look at the past year, and figure out how much you’ve been spending per month.
- Then start making a monthly budget that restricts how you spend by saving at least $100 a month.
- A big tip is change how you eat. Eating out is always more expensive and adds up extremely fast.
- Start cooking meals like lunch, and watch the money roll in.
Now get to it, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2017 is going to be your year, so buckle up and get ready to enjoy the ride.